Wednesday, January 26, 2022

An open Invitation

Dear Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, officially Elizabeth II, who by the Grace of God is head of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other realms and territories and is Queen Head of the Commonwealth, and Defender of the Faith.  

Please accept my request from across the seas such that you may perform your royal duty. Briton proper has made the move to many of the COVID-19 related restrictions and yet Canada still labours under the yoke of unfounded mandates and nonsensical political oppression. 

While many may see royalty as a pompose overlord these days, I have for my entire life, I was born in 1966, seen you your Royal Highness have never been tyrannical. It is with much respect that I recall stories of you being a nurse during the bombing of Britain in WWII, for you supported the people under your care regardless of their social status. 

Nobility is not just a descriptive word, it is an attitude and a way of being. During my life I have only ever known one Queen, who at least in principle was the head of my country Canada, and I say with all honesty I would not have wanted anyone else. 

Canada has a problem and that is a lack of nobility. I don't mean to imply that a lack of Nobles is the flaw, what I want to make clear is that the concepts and actions that made a knight a knight has been lost. I would personally like to see public nobility return - It all starts with the words 'please, thank you, along with being considerate, and being helpful to one's neighbour' 

Elizabeth II, you have led by example throughout my life and I appreciate that at a level you may never know for me you are both Royal and noble. This is a plea from on of your subjects. 

All regards, 
Richard Danielli

No comments:

Post a Comment